Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years Goals~


I have had A LOT of time this last few weeks with not only my kiddos being home from school but with James (home from work 'cuz of weather) to count my so many blessings. AND coming out of this last holiday season, I have come to realize how so very important family and friends are. I reflect now on the time I spent in company of those that are dearest to me save it my own kids and it is extremely difficult to be here so far away from them all. While I have been busy during the last few weeks, the spirit has given me several reminders of what I do have and what I should be thankful for. The gospel, the temple, my health, the scriptures, my children, the preisthood - the list goes on. AS WELL as the areas in my life that I must improve upon each and every day.
This brought me to my New Years Goals - I have committed to myself and the Lord to
A. Make my home a place of peace, love, safely, learning & Christ centered
B. Continue to teach my children the gosple of Christ as instructed by the prophet
C. Do what needs to be done to heal my body and repair the damage I have caused it

SO - I look to those of you that are my support and my life rafts to aid me and to be a constant example of what I can be; of my potential. For if I can be just a fraction of what Christ is, I do have a chance in this world!

4 comments:

The Alaska Coyles said...

You know Vicki, you are AMAZING. I was just thinking about a little,little girl I would by dresses for. Who would of ever thought she would turn out to be my sister? You are doing such a wonderful job and a great example to all. Just keep up the good work.

InColorado said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
InColorado said...

I was getting my ID right. Is that the Seattle Temple? This is James' Mom.

The Jones Family said...

It is actually the DC temple ... My favorite!